Principal AI Engineer
United States- Remote
LivePersonLivePerson's Conversational AI platform helps brands embrace automation-first customer experiences for better scale, engagement, and results.
LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN) is a global leader in trustworthy and equal AI for business. Hundreds of the world’s leading brands — including HSBC, Chipotle, and Virgin Media — use our Conversational Cloud platform to engage with millions of consumers safely and responsibly. We power a billion conversational interactions every month, providing a uniquely rich data set and safety tools to unlock the power of Generative AI and Large Language Models for better business outcomes.
At LivePerson, we foster an inclusive workplace culture that encourages meaningful connection, collaboration, and innovation. Every mind is invited to ask questions and actively seek new ways to achieve success and reach their full potential. We operate as one with a growth mindset. This means spotting opportunities, solving ambiguities and seeking effective solutions to challenges that make things better.
We are seeking a Principal Prompt engineer to join our team to work with various Large Language Model (LLM) technologies and providers. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and testing prompts and prompting methods for a variety of use cases and models, ensuring that the output is accurate, relevant, and high-quality.
If you are passionate about Natural Language Processing, Conversational AI, and have experience working with advanced language generation models, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to bring cutting-edge Generative AI technologies to customers around the world.
- Develop, implement, and test prompting strategies for a variety of products over various LLMs.
- Work with production engineers to deploy these prompts into production
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and analysts to improve the accuracy and quality of LLM responses
- Analyze internal and external feedback and behaviors to continuously improve the quality of prompts and language output
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in Generative AI specifically, and Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning in general.
- 8 years of industry experience
- Foundational knowledge of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Experience working with Large Language Models such as GPT-3/4, ChatGPT, Claude, or CoHere
- Proficiency in Python
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with other Machine Learning models or approaches such as BERT or Reinforcement Learning
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with large-scale data processing and analysis
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
he salary range for this role will be between $150,000 to $180,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, your location, skills, experience, education, and/or certifications. During the phone screening, the recruiter will provide the location-specific salary range for this role. Regardless of your personal situation or where you are in the world, LivePerson offers comprehensive and great benefits programs to meet your needs:
Health: medical, dental, vision and wellbeing.
Time away: Public holidays and discretionary PTO package for flexible days off with manager approval.
Financial: 401K, ESPP, Basic life and AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability
Family: parental leave, maternity support, fertility services.
Development: tuition reimbursement, native AI learning.
Additional: 24/7 access to professional counselors, voluntary insurance coverage, exclusive perks and discounts.
Why you'll love working here:
LivePerson is a hub for the ever-curious and proactive, offering a flexible work-life balance tailored to individual needs. With offices and WeWork locations worldwide, our flexible work policy provides our teams the freedom to work from their preferred environment. We're very proud to have earned recognition from Fast Company, Newsweek, and BuiltIn for being a top innovative, beloved, and remote-friendly workplace.
Belonging at LivePerson:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.
More jobs like this
United States- Remote United States- Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 175K - 217K USD 175K+
Senior Manager, Data Science (Gen AI)AI strategy Architecture Computer Science Conversational AI Data quality Deep Learning +8
Career development Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
United States United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 106K - 236K USD 106K+
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Data Science & Developer ToolsComputer Science Data Analytics Databricks Engineering Excel Machine Learning +2
Career development Conferences Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +8
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs