Senior Data Scientist - Growth & Success
San Francisco, CA
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
At Faire we build elegant and efficient products to deliver superior customer experiences and enhance marketplace efficiency at the same time. From the mobile checkout process, to personalized search ranking, to the intelligent underwriting engine that determines credit limits for retailers---we are constantly iterating and innovating our product offering to create more value for the ecosystem.
On the Growth team, we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working on interesting growth-related problems using both cutting edge and proven techniques. As a foundational member of a fast-growing company and team, you will be working closely with other data scientists, engineers, and product managers to provide effective support to help acquire retailers and brands at scale in an efficient manner and improve retention as well as lifetime value.
What you will be doing:
- You will help us establishing a working model for properly acquiring, retaining and engaging with either our retail or brand customers.
- Provide Data Science support for growth marketing as well as paid marketing optimization across Google/Facebook ads and improve effectiveness of SEO/SEM efforts.
- Support the optimization of our new retailer promotion strategy and incentives (free shipping, other promos, etc.) and determine which is most effective.
- Enhance the product experience for new retailers to help them find the most relevant products and brands.
- Design and improve our referral and loyalty program through strategic insights and experimentation.
- Define what success looks like for each brand and identify actionable recommendations to empower brands to achieve their fullest potentials.
- Improve engagement and retention (lifecycle value) and tuning email/push notifications and other product innovations
What it takes:
- Advanced degree in any number of relevant disciplines across STEM fields, Operations Research, and Business.
- 3+ years of industry experience using experimentation, machine learning, and analytics to solve real world problems with large datasets.
- Experience and excitement in driving growth marketing initiatives.
- Exceptional product and business sense.
- Resourcefulness and proactiveness: track record for executing independent projects and leading complex, multi-functional projects with several dependencies.
- Strong communication skills: can effectively and patiently work with others in a closely collaborative team environment and evangelize growth marketing initiatives to the organization.
- Proficiency with Python / R and SQL.
Why you’ll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs