Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon’s Payments organization is looking for a talented data engineer to help build/enhance the platform to drive the development of analytics and insights. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will develop new data engineering patterns that leverage new cloud architectures, and will extend or migrate existing data pipelines to the architectures as needed. You will also be assisting with integrating the Redshift platform as our primary processing platform to create the curated Amazon.com data model for the enterprise to leverage. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in data warehouse platform and other BI solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making.
You will succeed in this role if you are an organized self-starter who can learn new technologies quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a key contributor and sparring partner, developing analytics and insights that global executive management teams and business leaders will use to define global strategies and deep dive businesses. You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Define and develop business critical metrics and reports across all international business levers, key performance indicators, and financials.
· Own alignment and standardization of analytical initiatives across the global business teams
· Drive efforts across international business leaders, BI leaders and partners across Europe, Asia and North America.
· Own key executive reports and metrics that are consumed by our VPs and Directors
· Provide thought leadership in global business deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators
. Be one of the key builders of the “Business Insights platform” that will be used by global teams worldwide to access reporting, deep dives, and seller insights.
. Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
. Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
. Translate data into actionable insights for the stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 6+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
. Master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 7+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
· Experience with AWS, cloud computing
Job tags: AWS Big Data Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Hadoop Java Linux Python Redshift Ruby Spark SQL Tableau
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 2 0 0
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs