XOR Security is currently seeking a Data Engineer/Scientist to support an Advanced Cyber Analytics team. This program provides engineering and operational support for targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in security event monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering, cyber intelligence, insider threat, and penetration testing. This position will focus on expanding and optimizing our data, data pipeline architecture and data analytics capabilities. The selected applicant will support our software developers and analysts to define problems, build models, and perform analysis to identify alternatives and recommendations to maximize operational efficiency. The applicant should also be able to create visualizations, find trends in data sets and develop algorithms for actionable reporting. The applicant will need to effectively communicate the results of analysis and describe complex mathematical methods, applications, and results to the client and teammates ranging from technical and non-technical disciplines.
Location: Springfield, VA
- Top Secret Clearance
- BS or MS degree in IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- Individuals must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience building, optimizing and analyzing cyber security datasets.
- Experience designing and deploying and integrating with Big Data systems, ELK, Hadoop, Splunk or similar.
- Experience deploying and managing large-scale Elasticsearch clusters which are scalable and reliable including performing Elasticsearch performance and configuration tuning.
- Monitoring solutions for the Elastic Stack Including building and deploying visualizations in Kibana.
- Assisting with designing and developing highly scalable Data Pipelines that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code.
- Assisting with ingestion Pipelines, integration APIs, and provide Elasticsearch tuning/optimizing based on application needs.
- Experience with machine learning, applied probability, and statistical methods and experience with Neural Networks.
- Individuals must have experience in pattern recognition and the ability to identify relationships between features.
- Experience scripting with Python, Bash or PowerShell.
- Familiarity with streaming analytics.
- Ability to identify and determine software, services, and process necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions.
- Analyzes operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models.
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cybersecurity related tasks.
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Dev/Ops development framework.
- Ability to collaborate and share initiatives in developing & innovating solutions.
- Must be inquisitive and do “what if” analysis on data, questioning existing assumptions and processes.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Security+ certification or have the ability to obtain this certification within the 120 days of employment.
- Practical cyber security experience.
- Experience in Data Science relative to data processing, data analysis, and data interpretation.
- Proficient in basic software development using Java and or Python.
- Experience with data mining, descriptive and predictive modeling, risk analysis, streaming analytics, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, ETL, event log processing, mathematical modeling, graph/network analysis, data visualization, text mining, data access, storage and retrieval.
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc.
- Support the operational planning and development of cyber threat emulation, cyber hunt, and tactical operations.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and Top SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs