Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1803
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Thursday May 20th, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Nathan Bryans
As ATB’s next AI Developer As ATB's next AI Developer, you'll join a team building and maintaining the operational functionality of our AI Platform and its components.
You'll work to enhance the functionality and reliability of custom-built applications, as well as off-the-shelf cloud offerings, to the benefit of our product-focused delivery teams at all stages of the AI/ML/Analytics lifecycle.
The AI Developer will work alongside Data Science, Data Platform, Cloud Operations, Networking and Security teams to support an available, secure and reliable platform.
- Partners with business and IT peers to construct and operate built-for-use platforms
- Develops services/apis to facilitate data integration, analytics, data cleaning / transformation, and the deployment of ML/AI models
- Supports one more more applications and helps business achieve goals by evaluating and modifying said applications to meet customer needs; usually serves as SME
- Provides basic tech support to resolve problems, determine root cause, and/or escalate
- Configures and maintains information systems and applications
- Completes and ensures completion of any required documentation required e.g. deployment, maintenance, support and business needs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or equivalent
- Working knowledge in application programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Working knowledge in SQL-based technologies (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB)
Core Technical Skills:
- Development and coding skills, including modular coding & pipeline automation, integration programming, source code management, development tools
- Application maintenance & monitoring- including application support, assessment, troubleshooting, modifications, performance improvement, and security
- Application design - defining how an application will work and what features and components it will have
- Business analysis - including data gathering, analytical thinking and insights analysis
- Data privacy & regulation
- Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration Systems (Kubernetes/Docker/Helm)
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills:
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Written & verbal communication
- Systems thinking
- Nice to Have - Experience working with CICD Pipelines (e.g. GitLab CI, Circle CI, Jenkins etc.)
- Nice to Have - Familiarity with Data Modelling, Data Exploration, Data Science/Analytics
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!