Senior Data Engineer (Snowflake)
Senior Data Practice Engineer Snowflake - Contino
Contino is changing the game in Data, DevOps, Cloud and Container based consultancy services. We enable enterprise organizations to capture value from their data, streamline their processes, reduce costs and increase efficiencies. We deploy teams to client sites (or remote through video conference) to help change mentalities and approaches by facilitating a DataOps culture through upskilling and pair programming.
We've built an outstanding team of technologists and are an advocate for challenging intelligent and hardworking individuals, like you! We are a team of fun, dedicated and professional people with a keen eye for innovation, curiosity and a love of data and technology.
Please note that after COVID this role requires travel to client sites, but does not require relocation. The typical travel week is Monday-Thursday onsite, Fridays remote. This schedule varies from customer to customer, but you must be comfortable with weekly travel.
Too many people make the mistake of looking at a job description and evaluating themselves against an unrealistic expectation: We want smart people who are able to pivot, learn, and adapt to the moment. If you’re that person, think about a Data role at Contino.
- Minimum 4 years experience with cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data management).
- Experience with Snowflake (On AWS, GCP, or Azure), certification desired
- Experience with Snowflake: Engineering, data movement, landing, processing, marketplace
- Experience with AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, Matillion, and AWS Kinesis.
- Experience in designing and implementing AWS Data Platforms with tools such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, SNS and SQS.
- Experience in designing and implementing serverless Data Lakes on AWS, GCP and/or Windows Azure.
- Hands-on experience with next generation data architecture, data modelling, and implementation of Cloud and Big Data platforms & analytic applications.
- Understanding Data Science/Data Science processes.
- Strong data architecture, data integration and data manipulation experience.
- Previous expertise in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop or Spark is highly desirable
- ETL experience.
- Skill with Java, Python, R or at least one similar language
- Proficient in at least one data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI) is preferred.
- Previous experience in a tech/lead capacity would be great
What You’ll Do
- Work to develop the best in class data/DataOps processes for our clients
- Provide the engineering expertise on the ground at client sites, or remotely to build solutions that allow for rapid access to data, providing speed an value to the business
- Analyze, restructure, normalize and deliver data for analysis
- Work with a team of CloudOps, DevOps, and DevSecOps professionals to deliver Data Practice work as part of an integrated offering
- Actively develops appropriate client level relationships
- Drive engagement business value
- Support sales by providing Domain Expertise and participating in sales processes
- Actively participate and provide QA for proposals and SOWs
- Identify opportunities within existing account for extension or expansion
- Contribute assets/content to Contino knowledgebase
- Contribute to thought leadership within the Data Practice and other Practice areas
- Collaborate with the Contino team to accelerate our practice maturity
- Lead in the areas of new data technology and understanding
You enjoy surrounding yourself with hardworking, highly experienced people who will support and push you to be your absolute best. And most meaningful to us, you believe in respect for your ideas and appreciate recognition for hard work and a job well-done.
You also want a competitive salary, 100% company-paid health benefits, a 401(k), ample time off and a company-sponsored professional training budget.
Contino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.