Enterprise Risk Data Analyst
Our Internal Audit team is growing and we’re looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join the team and help build out the function. The primary focus of this role will be executing Operations audits.
Internal audit is Monzo’s “Third Line of Defence” (3LoD). Internal Audit provides Monzo’s Board and Executive Management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and functioning of the system of internal control. The scope of internal audit covers all activities at Monzo, all areas of current and future risks within Monzo, and an assessment of risk management and mitigation controls in Monzo’s current and expected business environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the audit director to develop and execute a flexible audit plan in accordance with internal audit methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Building trusting and open relationships with auditees on each audit and developing relationships within the Collective to which you are aligned, attending collective level committees as required.
- Embedding the use of data as part of our core audit processes (risk assessment and planning, audit execution, continuous monitoring).
- Identifying the relevant risks and regulatory requirements relevant to each audit.
- Delivering end to end audits, including communicating findings and confirming factual accuracy with management and writing high quality observations.
- Validating issues raised in prior audits.
- Ensuring the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency are applied and upheld.
- Continuing to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and using this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
You should apply if you:
- Have a relevant qualification (IIA, IRM, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or CFA)
- Have significant experience (ideally 5 + years) in an audit related-role within a regulated financial services environment or technology company.
- Have experience across core retail banking operations (e.g customer operations, outsourcing, complaints management)
- Are proficient in data analytics and interpreting data - with significant practical experience with SQL
- Have a proven track record of identifying, assessing and evaluating risks and controls, advising business stakeholders from a risk perspective, while also understanding the commercial view.
- Have knowledge of relevant European and UK regulations and guidelines e.g. CASS
- Are a skilled relationship developer with the ability to effectively challenge and influence stakeholders on audit/risk matters and build partnerships with other assurance functions.
- Have extensive experience in risk based auditing or risk/control activities within Private Banking or Financial Crime
- Have proven experience of managing small teams
- Have practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment within UK
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed 2-3 on-video interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.