Principal Data Scientist - Marketing
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to build the models that power a key new focus area for KeepTruckin. As a member of our team, you’ll help frame the problems, build models that win customers, and leverage machine learning at a massive scale to solidify KeepTruckin’s technology lead in the connected fleet management space.
You’ll embed yourself deep in the world of trucking and help understand the forces that govern it. Working with geospatial, transportation, and economic data, you’ll help optimize the way freight moves throughout North America.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, improve, and maintain machine learning models
- Apply statistical models and quantitative analysis on large datasets to measure and identify areas for improvement/optimization in the product
- Lead the effort for collection of new data and refinement of existing data sources
- Identify and help implement tools to analyze this data effectively
- Educate and steer the organization towards adopting a more data-driven approach
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Statistics
- 6+ years experience in data science, machine learning, and data analysis
- Expertise in applied probability, statistics & propensity models
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Expertise in data-oriented programming (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g., Python, R). PySpark experience is MUST
- Experience with intent or enrichment data providers (Bombora & D&B, Capterra, G2, etc)
- Experience with leading junior Data Scientists
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen with catered lunches daily.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.