Data Scientist, Product
San Francisco, CA
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where innovation is happening all around us, there's a commonality – people are driving these changes. We offer a solution that helps companies put employees first. Lattice is a people management tool that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, career development tracks, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, and goal setting in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 2,000 customers globally, including brands like Slack, Reddit, Glossier, and Asana.
At Lattice, we have a unique opportunity to influence and enable thousands of companies as they seek to invest in their people. Our customers face many challenges as they tackle their biggest objectives: building and maintaining culture, instituting meaningful people management processes, training and enabling their ICs and managers, and using data to make decisions about the future of their organizations.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist on the Product Data team, you will be responsible for working on a wide range of data-related projects, from the infrastructure driving our systems to metric design to analyses that drive business decisions across our company. You will have the opportunity to partner with stakeholders across our Product, Engineering, and Design teams, using data from across the entire Lattice spectrum to produce insights and recommendations on both internal technology choices and crucial business functions like product success metrics and the product roadmap.
- Further implement definitions of what healthy usage of the Lattice products looks like
- Partner with the product team to build on their success metrics and inform their roadmapping decisions
- Assist in operationalizing our BI tool, Looker, to make it easily explorable and actionable for internal end users
- Model first- and third-party data into analytics-ready tables that can be used across the business
- Advise the engineering, product, and design teams on event tracking, ensuring standardization across the Lattice platform and suite of products
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to create repeatable, standardized analytics that drive strategy and decision making processes
- Conduct end-to-end projects to uncover insights and drive product driven engagement at Lattice
- Own or collaborate on easily digestible outputs of insights and findings
- Research and make recommendations on best practices for our data tech stack
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
- 1-3 years of experience working in Data Science or Analytics
- Ability to distill ambiguous, open-ended questions into workable problems
- A proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders and ability to translate technical output into non-technical recommendations and summaries
- Experience developing metrics and productizing those for greater consumption
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of R or Python
- Experience with a BI tool such as Looker
- Self-starter who is excited by learning new technologies, getting your hands dirty, and creating scalable solutions
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in data at a B2B SaaS company
- Knowledge of DBT
- The opportunity to join a very fast growing company built by an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day. (That’s not rhetoric, we really mean it.)
- A culture that supports and promotes professional growth and development
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located FiDi office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Other fun perks like continuous learning reimbursements, office snacks & team trips
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.