Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Marketplace Economics team. We use econometrics, analytics, big data, statistics, and machine learning to coach suppliers and delight customers.
Our team spans many data science domains. We are: economists who design strategies, model and test responses to them (structural modeling and causal inference), machine learning scientists who build predictive models (supervised and unsupervised), data engineers who build distributed ETL pipelines and robust data products for customer- and supplier-facing platforms, and product partners that align our solutions with what will benefit Wayfair/customers/suppliers. We are looking for a generalist that is eager to grow in and collaborate across all of these domains.
- Value respect, inclusion, collaboration, integrity, and grit.
- Make decisions based on what is long-term best for Wayfair, its customers and suppliers. Not what is short-term best or best for our team.
- Provide and seek feedback. We care personally about the team and challenge directly to ensure we always raise each others’ standards.
- Empower and sponsor colleagues.
- Stay nimble by simplifying solutions to quickly iterate upon.
- Seek different perspectives to make better decisions.
- Embrace people for who they are, what they are interested in, and their unique strengths no matter their background.
- Accomplish a large amount of high impact work.
What You’ll Do
- Design machine learning models to predict user behaviors and implement experiments to measure how they respond to Wayfair’s strategies.
- Build recommendation systems that empower customers and suppliers to actively engage with Wayfair platforms.
- Scope concrete data science solutions to ambiguous business problems.
- Uncover insights in our vast repository of user clickstream, pricing and product data and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings.
- Collaborate with economists, machine learning scientists, data engineers, and product stakeholders to ensure the end-to-end success of your solutions.
- Communicate the value of your work through logical, cohesive stories.
- Mentor and empower junior data scientists.
What You’ll Need
- The ability to learn fast, a willingness to work hard, integrity, grit, compassion, and a team-first attitude.
- Genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- Ability to effectively work with business leads and data scientists: strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts, and desire to influence business decisions
- Masters and 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment OR PhD in quantitative field (e.g. data science, mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research, etc.)
- Proficient at one or more programming languages, e.g. Python, R, etc. Experience using these to build machine learning models or run econometrics.
- Prior experience building data processing pipelines. For example, with tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark, BigQuery, or Airflow.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs