New York, NY
Do you like using your Python programming skills, working with large data sets and in order to measure the impact on end-user productivity? Do you want to work with a highly skilled team of engineers that are doing both? Then you could be Fivesky’s next Data Engineer.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
What you’ve done:
- Deep proficiency in programming in Python
- Utilized your strong SQL skills
- Intimate knowledge of ETL tools (Dataiku is highly desirable)
What you will do:
- Be part of a team that is designing and developing a global data warehouse that informs what employees need to be successful
- Create a data science platform for enabling the calculation of dynamic KPIs
- Collaborate with teams across the firm to deliver integrated solutions and quantify the organization’s impact
- Provide technical support to the operations in order to deliver a dependable and highly-functioning production platform
- Construct visualizations and dashboards in order to drive key management decisions
- Improve and maintain processing architecture/systems and existing log streaming
- Translate requirements from product managers into technical implementations
- Analyze new data sources and create data visualizations to support business use cases
- Explore and evaluate cutting-edge technologies, suggest improvements based on best practices, trends, and industry standards and choose appropriate solutions to solve problems
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.