Lead Data Engineer
Product Analytics is a new team focused on understanding and optimizing user interactions with our Operational Engineering tools and technologies. Product Analytics is responsible for integrating analytics into the DNA of these growing tech teams, unlocking the insights that will guide the business in our quest for cost efficient, perfect orders, at scale. We bring a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, business strategy and stakeholder management. Moreover, we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Within the broader Operational Engineering org, the Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN) is our global proprietary network that strives to delight our customers by delivering and safely handling not just small items, but big, bulky, damage prone products. The WDN is a game-changer in this space, handling the high value, high complexity deliveries that others can’t, and is currently at a critical inflection point where we are establishing the data infrastructure and technologies that will support the next phase of explosive growth. The WDN Product Analytics team will partner closely with both tech and physical operations teams to deliver a world-class experience to our customers and field associates so that everyone can live in a home they love.What You’ll do
- Collaborate with your stakeholders and other engineering leaders to define and develop the data architecture roadmap for the functional area that you support.
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines and reporting data.
- Leverage data and analytics (incl. proactive monitoring, experimentation, and modelling) to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Operations organization.
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with Python, Java, or Scala.
- Experience designing data solutions within cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (preferred), AWS, Azure, or Snowflake.
- Familiarity with designing and implementing DW Architectures, OLAP technologies, star/snowflake-schemas to enable self-service reporting.
- Experience with real-time data streaming tools like Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Storm or any similar tools.
- Experience architecting solutions utilizing BI tools like Looker, Tableau, AtScale, PowerBI, or any similar tools.
- Strong experience with experimental design and statistical analysis to drive business decision making.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, communication, and ability to work cross functionally through collaboration with product, engineering and business partners
- Bachelor’s or Masters in quantitative disciplines such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or other scientific fields.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with large data sets.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs