Remote (Within U.S.)
Great interviews are engineered. Come help Karat make every interview predictive, fair and enjoyable.
The status quo for technical interviewing doesn’t meet the needs of candidates or hiring companies. Haphazard interview experiences, subjective evaluations, and lack of capacity and expertise mean too many companies miss their hiring goals and miss out on great software engineers. At Karat, it's our mission to create better outcomes for companies and candidates by making every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies including Indeed, Atlassian, Intuit, Peloton, The New York Times and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing platform, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices.
The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest and most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
As the world continues to transition to virtual work, and the fairness of hiring practices in the tech industry come under greater scrutiny, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a valuable, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.
Data Engineering at Karat
Our Data Engineering team is committed to partnering with stakeholders to build the infrastructure, reporting, and product features that power insights at Karat. We design and build the data foundation needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data engineering team, you will shape the future for how we ingest, analyze, and talk about data as an organization.
As our Data Engineer, you will develop various systems and processes needed to derive meaning from performance data. Our ideal candidate for this position is comfortable designing and building software for real customers, can dive deep into manipulating data and wielding statistics, and has the ability to provide technical and product recommendations to a variety of multi-functional partners.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hourly position.
Create the Future
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their metrics and analysis requirements and build solutions to enable data-driven decisions
- As we collect richer data about user interactions during interviews, you will drive the collection and refinement of our data to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to our customers.
- Design, build and deploy efficient and reliable cloud-based data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms and disparate data sources
- Protect our data sources against quality issues. Design and develop data quality monitoring.
Be a Partner
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts to design, implement and scale our data processing and analysis platforms.
- Support our engineering teams by reviewing code and designs.
- Nurture the data conversations and culture at Karat by educating technical and non-technical teammates about data literacy and usage.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles, with a focus on building data pipelines and conducting data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience with Python, Docker and job orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow
- Significant experience with relational databases with a strong knowledge of SQL and data modeling best principles
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, familiar with data analytics and BI tools
- Experience with development best practices, including version control, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with — and a knack for — communicating technical work to partners
Benefits of joining Karat
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Laptop and other equipment fundamentals (monitor, keyboard, and mouse if you need it!)
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textio Score: 92
Thank you Textio for helping us create inclusive job descriptions that prioritize transparent, unbiased candidate experiences from the very beginning.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs