Data Engineer - Data & ML Platform
Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland
Our mission at Oura is empowering every individual to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products, the Oura Ring and its accompanying app, helps our global community gain a deeper understanding of their health, lifestyle, and sleep quality, which we believe are foundational to living a healthy, fulfilled life.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data & ML Platform team. Our team is responsible for efficient data synchronisation, structuring and processing. Our team combines the power of the ring & the app with backend services and integrations to provide a data rich platform. Our APIs power most Oura apps, services and machine learning components as well as provide the technical foundation for our growth.
What you will do:
- Participate in the design and implementation of data pipelines to enable the rapid access, security, and quality control needed to support algorithm development.
- Build batch and event-driven data pipelines that empower data scientists' exploratory work as well as the training and deployment of machine learning models.
- Build infrastructure and components following best practices such as CI/CD and infrastructure as code.
- Work on AWS leveraging managed services and open source whenever suitable.
- Move and process large amounts of data with the help of tools like Dask, Spark, AWS Athena, AWS Batch, and others.
- Explore and prototype the latest technologies to identify the best solutions.
- Act as an expert technical resource in cross-functional interactions with Data Scientists, Researchers, and the Cloud Team
We would love to have you on our team if you have:
- 4+ years of experience developing, monitoring and debugging production systems
- Experience running containerised workloads on AWS.
- Experience with Python. Other languages, like Java, Scala, C/C++, Rust are a plus.
- Good architectural understanding of event driven architectures, workflows, database and datawarehouse systems to help us scale along with our growing user base.
- Enjoy writing maintainable and well-tested code
- Follow common practices: version control (git), issue tracking, unit testing and agile development processes
- Have a pragmatic can-do attitude and delivery-focused mindset: you can handle tradeoffs between short-term goals and long-term tech debt
- Are happy both executing on your expertise as well as learning new skills
- Enjoy recruiting, mentoring, and motivating engineers
- Competitive Salary
- Lunch benefit
- Wellness benefit
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Collaborative, smart teammates
- An Oura ring of your own
- Easy-to-reach office in Oulu Teknologiakylä or in Helsinki city center
- Latest equipment of choice
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your application as soon as possible but by May 23rd the latest. We will start reviewing the applications immediately, as we receive them.
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs