Remote or San Francisco
Cased, a well-funded startup backed by Founders Fund, is hiring its first Machine Learning Lead. Cased is building the future of tools for DevOps engineers and people working in production. Our first ML-powered product is a collaborative chatbot that answers infrastructure questions (with per-organization detail), solves server problems, and takes production actions.
You are a generalist with strong understanding of machine learning and experience turning prototypes into products. You are curious and enjoy experimenting with new tools and technology. You communicate complex ideas simply and effectively, and love collaboration.
You will have industry experience working on a range of recommender, machine translation, and related optimization systems. You are interested in applying this experience to developer tools.
You will bring the expertise needed to manage a machine learning lifecycle alongside experienced engineers building AI-powered software for running software at Cased.
- Use your machine learning expertise to build products and features for the people that run and operate software
- Come up with original ideas that machine learning can provide value to our users, and rapidly prototype these ideas
- Lead a team from a technical perspective to establish machine learning best practices and influence software engineering culture
- Stay updated with emerging technologies, tools, and practices in the ML field. A strong understanding of ML libraries is one of your strengths. You’ll recommend specific tools and explain why they are the right solution.
- Rapid prototyping and iterative development will be your default methods for testing hypotheses and refining solutions.
- Lead data-related tasks, including data mining and cleaning, to ensure the quality and reliability of our data sources.
- Use standard machine learning methods to best use modern distributed and parallel environments.
- Knowledge of writing and debugging Python and knowledge of popular machine learning frameworks like PyTorch and JAX.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine translation, recommender systems, natural language processing, or related machine learning field.
- Knowledge of web development patterns—we use Django but any experience with MVC frameworks is good
- Super communication skills— you’ll need to convey your ideas clearly to the team and the public
- Exposure to popular architectural patterns of scalable, data-driven applications
More jobs like this
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 266K USD 167K+
Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure / Machine LearningArchitecture Big Data Computer Science Engineering GPU Hadoop +14
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation +4
Toronto, Ontario Toronto, Ontario Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 232K * USD 150K+ *
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Computer Vision Researcher (Remote)Biology CAD Computer Science Computer Vision Engineering Machine Learning +11
Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend +5
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs