Computer Vision, Machine Learning Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Title: Computer Vision, Machine Learning Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: AR Platform
Location: Mountain View, CA
ARPL lab is focused on near and mid-term AR solutions in the area of scene recognition. In addition to work on existing product, we engage in research and publishing as well.
- The computer vision algorithm engineer will work with the team on researching and developing on-device computer vision and machine learning technologies across Samsung’s products.
- You will balance research and product and contribute to creating innovative solutions with prototype and production-level reliability for AR/VR solutions. Key focus will be in CV tracking.
- A master's degree or higher (or equivalent industry experience) in computer vision, machine learning, or related field
- Solid foundation in computer vision; key areas of interest include camera tracking, visual SLAM, multiple view geometry, 3D reconstruction, detection and recognition, 3D scene comprehension, camera calibration, camera transformation.
- Solid understanding of deep learning algorithms and experience with bringing machine learning technologies into research, product systems.
- Experience with imaging sensors and depth sensors desirable.
- Solid foundation in software development and related tools.
- Proficiency in C, C++ programming language and at least one another prototyping language such as MATLAB or Python.
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, productivity, and self-learning ability.
- Experience with graphics pipeline, GPGPU computing with OpenCL and Vulkan, OpenXR is a plus.
- Experience with shading language and rendering pipeline is a plus.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.