Staff Engineer Ⅰ, Machine Learning (400698)
Mountain View, CA
Title: Staff Engineer Ⅰ, Machine Learning (400698)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Samsung Knox
Location: 645 Clyde Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043
**No sponsorship is available for this position**
At Visual Display Intelligence lab, Samsung Research America, we operate as a start-up while leveraging the broader assets of a larger global enterprise. We do advance research and development to immensely benefit our core business verticals in the space of Ads and Marketing. Our team primarily focuses on processing huge data sets, build robust and scalable big data pipelines, conduct advanced research in implementing state-of-the-art ML and AI techniques, build data services that are both real-time and batch based. All those combined provide the best-in-class experience to our customers across consumer electronics and internet of things. Many of our engineers take pride in publications, filing A-grade patents and build robust products and services.
- Design, Implement and evolve user behavior and NLP data models for cloud-based products.
- Develop framework for Cloud, mobile interaction to develop/refine data model offline and apply models in real-time on streaming data.
- Integrate with external customer and 3rd-party systems.
- Perform extensive research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions.
- Write large amounts of code, perform code reviews, write unit tests. Interface with other groups including Product Management, QA and Operations.
- Participate in new product concepts and create proof-of-concept prototypes. Participate in scrum team.
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science or a related field*
- Eight (8) years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation*
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of experience, will accept Master’s degree and six (6) years of experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with (can be gained through education and/or experience):
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis;
- Hands-on experience with data analysis and building real-life data models using scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, nltk and matplotlib;
- Tensorflow, PyTorch or Keras;
- Writing code in one or more programming languages - Python, Java, Node.js; and
- Machine learning / deep learning algorithms - classification, clustering, regression, reinforcement learning, Bayesian modeling, algorithm design and theory of computation.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.