Senior Data Analyst
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Considering the current scenario the hiring and onboarding process will be virtual .
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team. As a Senior Data Analyst for the Snowflake Support organization, your work is used to uncover insights about the operations of Snowflake and the health of our customers’ accounts helping to drive important operational and strategic decisions.
Experience Required - 5+ years
We are looking for someone who is passionate about analytics and is able to approach complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner. You should be intellectually curious and have the desire and skills to extract about customer behaviour and the important drivers of various departments.
- Collect and interpret data, analyze results, identify patterns and trends in data sets, and report results back to the business through various mediums including curated and maintained reporting & business intelligence assets.
- Perform ad-hoc analytic pursuits that provide insights into business performance and key organizational metrics for our fast-growing Enterprise Support organization.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions, often leveraging innate Snowflake platform features and data to carry out tasks. Writing and testing code in python, R or SQL to explore and solve novel problems where necessary.
- Develop understanding of our modeled data, and be able to provide feedback on modeling and data collection enhancements needed for accurate and timely reporting.
- Work collaboratively with our internal data warehouse and data engineering teams to load new data sources or pipeline changes are needed.
- Operate over with structured and unstructured data from various sources including Salesforce CRM, Jira and other similar systems.
- Assist other Data Analysts in providing timely reporting, performance monitoring and insights to our Support teams, Service Delivery Operations, Executive Teams, and other key business stakeholders.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE :
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent work experience.
- Skill in creating reporting dashboards to clearly and quickly convey actionable insights, as well as the ability to tailor communications to different audiences without sacrificing clarity
- Experience collaborating with customer-facing teams and understanding their overarching business goals and user stories. Ability to break down larger projects into discrete tasks, and assisting to build a user story by understanding the business need being conveyed.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL and relational data including exposure to complex data models. Solid skill writing queries.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more common data analysis or data manipulation language (python, R, spark) and associated libraries/toolkits such as numpy, pandas, and scikit.
- Practical experience using a business intelligence application such as Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI; certifying, maintaining and troubleshooting dashboards created in same.
- Familiarity with databases such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, etc. and comfortable working with large-scale datasets
- Working experience with a scripting language such as Bash or Perl is preferred
- Intermediate or Advanced skill in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience identifying and debugging data problems and anomalies, driving ever-cleaner data for reporting layers.
- A constant eye for automating, improving and documenting internal processes and workflows.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?