Data Science Manager, Credit (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Data at Brex
The Data organization develops infrastructure, statistical models, and products using financial data. Our Scientists and Engineers work together to make data—and insights derived from data—a core asset across the company. Our work is ingrained in Brex’s decision-making process, in the efficiency of our operations, in our risk management policies, and in the second-to-none experience we provide our consumers.
What you’ll do
The Credit Science team works closely with the Credit Risk and Underwriting Ops teams at Brex and owns Brex’s underwriting models. We are searching for a strong data science manager to lead a group of data scientists and drive the direction of credit modeling at Brex. You should be excellent cross-functionally, have a head for strategy and have a history of taking high-visibility projects across the finish line. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
- Drive and execute the underwriting modeling strategy of Brex.
- Build and promote a strong data-informed culture throughout the company.
- Work cross-functionally to ship models from inception to production.
- Devise highly efficient, human-in-the-loop systems using machine learning and in-house tooling
- Recruit great data scientists from varying backgrounds like analytics, risk and product.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Having a track record of building and leading successful data science teams
- History of delivering high impact projects with stringent product requirements
- Experience working in a high-growth environment, recruiting extraordinary people from different backgrounds.
- Deep sense of ownership of an entire problem-space, from modeling to processes and tooling.
- Ability to flourish with an increased level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Excellent communication and effective teamwork with engineers, product managers, business stakeholders and finance teams.
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies, systems and modeling techniques.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds
- Experience in the field of financial risk or credit modeling