Machine Learning Data Scientist
San Francisco, California, United States
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Data Scientist to work in our Research Algorithm Platform squad in North America. Working closely with health and physiology scientists, you will develop machine learned models to capture indicators of health and wellness. You will bring experience in evaluation, productization and deployment of ML models, using cloud services such as AWS Sagemaker. You will partner with engineers across the company to develop robust and scalable deployment solutions. Your work will bring the cutting edge of health and physiology research to Oura ring wearers worldwide.
Your team’s typical projects will include the following:
- Continue to improve our state-of-the-art algorithm for detecting sleep stages using overnight times series data from ring sensors
- Develop models for women’s health, helping our users understand physiological changes during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, and menopause
- Refine our work on detecting flu-like illness, including COVID-19, using wearable data
- Work on models for various health conditions such as sleep apnea, atrial fibrillation, and other disorders
You will work closely with other team members on these projects helping to bring the research to production, as well as conducting your own modeling work.
The right candidate will be passionate about delivering state-of-the-art technology to end users. Aiming higher is one of our core values, and we will support you in researching the state of the art and developing novel solutions that push the envelope.
We would love to have You on our team, if You:
- Are excited about bringing better sleep and wellness to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide
- Have experience taking machine learning algorithms from R&D to product, especially using AWS cloud services and containerization
- Are familiar with SQL and data wrangling
- Have good engineering and MLops skills, such as use of version control systems, unit testing, CICD, post-deployment model monitoring
- Have good coding skills in Python
- Have a good understanding of experimental methods and A/B testing
- Thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable, and highly collaborative work environment
- Preferably, have experience working on health and wellness outcomes or with time series data from wearable devices
- Competitive Salary
- Lunch benefit
- Wellness benefit
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Collaborative, brilliant teammates
- An Oura Ring of your own
- Latest equipment of choice
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send us your application as soon as possible. We will start reviewing the applications immediately, as we receive them.