Data Engineer - Analytics Enablement
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This Hiring manager is in Kirkland, WA however we are accepting candidates in Arizona, Washington, California, and throughout Canada
What you'll get to do...
We're looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our Analytics Enablement team. The solutions we build allow our business partners to turn vast amounts of data into useful insights. If you’re interested in working with the latest big data and cloud technologies, this position is for you.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create a platform to drive deep insights around GoDaddy’s business to help our customers succeed in theirs.
- Interface with our Business Analytics team, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets our BA teams will use to drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Tune and ensure query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing.
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Data pipeline performance tuning.
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data orchestration tools like Airflow and Oozie.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring, and ambiguity is the norm.
You might also have...
- Experience with cloud technologies - S3, Redshift & EMR.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.