Senior Data Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The business analytics and operations team’s goal is to make data the connective tissue of how decisions are made and how teams and divisions work together at LiveRamp. As our senior data engineer, you'll join the business analytics team to be our technical leader - help us with our most challenging analysis, build out our data warehouse, ETL pipelines and surrounding infrastructure.
This role is highly cross functional, and will work with teams across LiveRamp to work with internal and external stakeholders to drive operational & product improvements.
The perfect candidate will have a passion and deep knowledge of modern business analytics technologies - data structures, MDM, data warehouses, visualization tools and ETL. You will own our data pipelining end-to-end and work cross-functionally to help us achieve our goals. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using Tableau, BigQuery, python, and Terraform.
- Partner with people across the company (PM, engineering, data analysts, operations, care, customer success) to understand data needs and pain points.
- Build systems, tools, and documentation to enable and empower data customers from around the company to confidently build accurate dashboards, run data research projects, instrument features, and support outcome studies.
- Define and iterate on our data models and pipelining to best support engineering, product, and business goals.
- Own data integrity for our key product and company health KPIs.
- 4+ years professional experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Expert in modern cloud data warehousing - have significant experience administering snowflake, redshift/athena or bigquery
- SQL ninja - you can write a query to do anything
- Experience in ETL and ELT design and implementation.
- Experience in data modeling and schema design
- Experience using python
- You are a self-starter and see projects through from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
- You have experience working cross-functionally and partnering with stakeholders across departments of varying levels.
- You care deeply about customer experience
- Have built cloud native infrastructure in python on GCP
- Tableau experience
- Matillion experience
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of Phoenix
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.