Director of Applied Data Science
causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. Our technology has applicability across a whole range of sectors including finance, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
As we continue to expand our business, we are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Director of Applied Data Science to join the team on our vision to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development. We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
We are committed to diversity and are committed to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person with a strong technical background and to lead our Applied Data Science function. You work will include:
- Managing a team of 5 to 7 Data Scientists working on new innovations and client projects.
- Handling new and existing relationships with clients from a broad range of industries
- Leading the implementation of research prototypes that go into the product
- Leading and coordinating the execution of Proof of Concept projects and Pilots
- Developing the product roadmap and transforming customer feedback into feature ideas.
- Driving customer success outcomes (upsell, renewals etc) from a technical point of view
- Defining and optimizing customer lifecycle from onboarding to renewals, and coordinating customer support activities.
- Strong academic record and advanced data science experience
- Ability to lead or manage technically sophisticated teams
- Experience of data science projects across a range of industries and organisations
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with a high level of business acumen
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- High integrity and drive
- Naturally curious and effective problem solver
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
As well as the opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, international team that is passionate about innovation and making a difference, we have competitive remuneration and pension benefits plus:
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses,
conferences and book budget
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Active social calendar including regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Encouragement of a great work/life balance that includes flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas,
growth and enthusiasm!
Our interview process consists of screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being, they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.