Data Analyst, Fraud
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We're accepting these challenges by applying data, advanced analytics and machine learning to problems in fraud & safety, payments, logistics, routes, personalization, search, pricing, experimentation and more. Our Data Analytics team is at the heart of this effort and is an essential ingredient in Beat’s aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
As a Data Analyst in Fraud, Safety & Payments, you will take on some of our biggest marketplace challenges such as identifying fraud patterns, solving safety issues, cracking hard cases in payments and even helping authorities to catch criminals. Your work will impact the entire marketplace, so you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate difference. Your day-to-day will involve close collaboration with stakeholders across product, operations, machine learning, data engineering, and technology.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Contribute to solving challenging two-sided marketplace problems, using data analytics practices and solutions.
- Help articulate the vision and direction for the near-real-time reporting and analysis
- Understand user behavior with regards to fraud, safety & payments.
- Design and implement dashboards and ad hoc reports in a clear and concise way
- Evaluate new unseen fraud patterns and help on building analytics methodology
- Work together with the product and analytics teams to identify and deliver high impact product improvements and optimizations.
- Keep yourself updated with advances in the fields related to ride-hailing and micro-mobility.
- Mentor other data members of the team, build a strong culture of Data Analytics in the domain and ensure that we have the right knowledge and tools to solve problems.
What you need to have:
- Educational background in Maths, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Economics or other quantitative discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in data analysis methodologies and dashboarding in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and other query languages
- Extensive experience in building dashboards and reports using such tools as Tableau, Qlik and PowerBI
- Fluency in data visualization
- Knowledge of Python/R and machine learning libraries is a plus, but not necessary in the beginning. We will help you to build your data science skills if you choose to develop your career that way
- Exemplary communication skills, ability to work with cross functional teams, including technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong commercial awareness, ability to clarify ambiguity and balance priorities.
- Ability to clearly communicate your point of view
- Flexibility in approaches and techniques
- Deep belief in data and ability to rally people behind your findings/recommendations.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Defined contribution Pension plan
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools.
- Work permit cost covered
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.