Senior Data Scientist
Hi! We are Netguru. We help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We’re looking for people to join our team and build a culture based on trust, taking ownership, and transparency. We offer a safe, inclusive, and productive environment for all team members. We respect and want to build on our diversity. We are a workplace open to adaptations.
We are a growing team of machine learning and big data experts. As an industry-agnostic agency, we are like a Swiss Army knife – ready to translate any business problem into a data and machine learning solution. We focus on building our competencies around data warehouses and data lakes, stream and batch data processing, deep learning, natural language processing, and computer vision. Together with our product design and software engineering teams, we are a one-stop-shop for data and ML products, with experience in finance, retail, and healthcare.
Joining Netguru as a Senior Data Scientist means:
- Developing accessible, creative and engaging data visualizations to facilitate easy access to insights.
- Refining, challenging and supporting requests from stakeholders and creating new data analyses based on commonly defined specifications.
- Analyzing trends in client data and providing insights and explanations to their teams to improve their operations using data.
- Working in an experienced and knowledgeable team, in an Agile environment.
- Dev-friendly processes like Continuous Integration and Code Review.
- Continuous development of your hard and soft skills (e.g. at internal webinars, external conferences, meetups, etc.).
- Growing yourself and people around you – you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back.
- Ambitious and verified projects – our clients come from all over the world and from different industries.
- Enjoying flextime and flexplace – adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home.
- Working on the best equipment – we will provide you with a Macbook and additional accessories for your computer to make your work even more efficient and comfortable.
- Having a smooth start – your leader and mentor will support you along the way :)
Apply if you have:
- Strong hands-on technical experience in data science and ML, focusing on structured data problems: time series, classification, regression, clustering.
- A deep technical background in applied data science (statistics, experimentation, time series forecasting, bayesian methods, optimisation techniques).
- Pragmatic approach in order to choose the best model for the task (from classical approaches to state-of-the-art models).
- Experience with the tech stack and tools of the trade:
- SQL and Python (including data and ML libraries).
- Data visualisation techniques and packages (matplotlib, d3, highcharts).
- Agile project tools and version control systems (Jira, Git).
- Knowledge and adoption of clean coding practices.
- Good communication skills: ability to summarise complex technical topics to the marketing stakeholders.
- Used to identify business needs and translate them into requirements for new data products or features.
It would be a big plus if you had:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Physics, or any related fields.
Perks & benefits:
- Access to the WorkSmile platform offering benefits adapted to your preferences:
- Multisport card,
- Private health insurance package,
- Life insurance,
- And hundreds of other options to choose from 15 categories (shopping, leisure, travel, food, etc.)
- Support for your growth - a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- Discounts on Apple products,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Home office equipment sharing option,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.