Data Engineer, Sales
Tanium is looking for a data-minded, strategic thinker to drive data management and support reporting, business insights, and analytics for the Sales Strategy team as a Data Engineer. This is a high impact role supporting our accelerating growth, and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels of the organization by managing complex datasets to support actionable business insights.
This person must be a highly analytical, curious, deep diver with a passion for driving business success through high quality data. They will be responsible and accountable for the sales data in Tanium’s data warehouse and will be directly involved in data governance and business enablement, as well as strategic planning for data architecture strategy. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with data warehouses, ETL processes and be obsessively detail oriented with a record of championing data-driven strategy in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight and operational excellence across regional sales organizations
- Own multiple datasets in the sales data warehouse
- Partner with IT to ensure all required data is available and well maintained
- Execute data schema within the warehouse to optimize analytics and reporting
- Minimize run times of daily data ETL processes
- Integrate third party datasets into the sales data warehouse
- Support ad-hoc data and data enhancement requests in support of Sales initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date documentation libraries for key systems, metrics, and reporting packages
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, and efficiency within the Sales Analytics organization and with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing, data engineering, or data management
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and/or Snowflake
- Extensive work experience with Python
- Experience with PowerBI, Github and eagerness to continue developing these skill
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Strong data management, reporting, and communication skills
- Familiarity with ETL processes, Alooma, Apache Airflow, Dell Boomi a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Mental Abilities
- Analytical abilities: ability to analyze problem situations in depth; ability to show a probing mind.
- Number facility: the individual must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations at a minimum.
- Precision to detail: it is necessary that the individual be precise, detail-oriented, and exact.
- Flexibility: the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity and complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, and to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms.
- Written and oral communication skills: ability to write memos, letters, and reports in clear, concise fashion with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage; ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, and others on a one-on-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage; includes clarity, organization of thought, and expressiveness are all part of this dimension.
- Physical & Mental Abilities and Demands
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- Balancing: maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use of Fingers/Hands: Typing, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machine parts.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Vision: The incumbent is required to distinguish between true colors, perceive depth, and partial field of vision is required at a minimum for the position.
- Work Environment
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.