Manager, Data Engineer
Tanium is seeking a world-class Data Engineer Manager to support the Global Sales organization in driving growth through leading with a solutions-oriented approach and providing accurate and robust data and reporting to the organization. The role will be responsible for global sales intelligence analytics, data maintenance and analytics. In this role, you will work closely with management on all levels to design and build out our business intelligence capabilities.
The Data Engineer Manager will report directly to the Director of Sales Intelligence & Analytics and will partner with sales leaders and peers in Marketing, Finance, and Customer Success. This will be a strategic role that will provide tactical solutions to support daily operations. The candidate must have a combination of strong leadership skills, analytical data insights and reporting experience, platform, and data architecture skills, and hands-on implementation and operations skills. The candidate should also have hands-on experience in project management, database architecture, and data governance/analysis.
Data Analysis/ETL: Prepare and analyze key data from the sales organization. This may include designing, building, and/or integration of data from various resources, and management of that data. In addition, this role is capable of writing complex SQL queries to pull data from our Snowflake database as well as writing succinct Python code for visualisations and data manipulations. Experience in PowerBI, Periscope and Github is preferred.
Database Architecture, Governance & Maintenance: Drive and maintain key database architecture and design, as well as the strategy and organization of sales data analytics and business intelligence efforts to ensure alignment with company strategy. Own the structure, cleanliness, and validation of internal sales data sets from multiple sources. Help to define and communicate a common methodology for company-wide metrics owned or monitored by multiple stakeholders.
Process Improvement and Documentation: Design, develop, improve, implement and automate new and existing processes, procedures and reports to ensure processes meet outcomes the business unit needs.
Cross-functional Business Partnering: Serve as an internal data consultant and partner to internal business units, such as Sales, Marketing, Customer, FP&A, and Technology.
Data Science: Perform scheduled and proactive business analysis on all sales related data, sometimes with the assistance of visualization tools or reports. This may also include drilling down on certain business challenges and providing conclusions and advice based on that analysis. Examples: unit economics, coverage strategies, pricing, and GTM verticalization. In collaboration with marketing, develop external customer and market-level insights to help build Tanium’s data-driven thought leadership and positioning
Manage People: Provide leadership, mentorship, and ongoing development to reports, focusing on growing and developing those individuals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science, or other applicable fields
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, data integrity, or equivalent field, preferably in a sales, marketing, or finance environment
- 2+ years experience in directly managing at least 1 person in a data intensive role
- Proven ability to lead complex cross-functional projects
- Fluent in SQL and Python with a proven track record of data analysis skills
- Experience building or maintaining data architecture and reporting ecosystems
- Data governance, data architecture, documentation, and data design experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Experience managing expectations of senior stakeholders, executives, and cross-functional teams
- Advanced in Salesforce, PowerBI and Github a plus
- Six-sigma or Continuous Improvement background
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example and holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and global environment
Founded in 2007, Tanium invented a fundamentally new approach to security and systems management. Recognized as the Usain Bolt of cybersecurity, it's no surprise the world’s largest enterprises and government organizations rely on Tanium to secure, control, and manage the hundreds of thousands of endpoints that comprise their networks effectively; and at unprecedented speed, no matter the size. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on the organization and the industry, we'd love to talk to you. Learn more at www.tanium.com.