Senior Data Scientist
At zooplus we’ve been gathering data for more than twenty years and every day we acquire new forms and ways to do so. The core Data Science Team inside the Data & Analytics department is responsible for transforming this raw data into deep and valuable information that will allows us to understand and predict the next moves in the industry.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working as a multi-functional Data Scientist. You’ll join an international team with expertise in data science, data engineering and cloud infrastructure, and will work helping the company to make current applications smarter, proposing new approaches, or predicting behaviors so we can adapt better to the always changing market of e-commerce.
The tech stack you’ll work with includes (but is far from limited to):
- Python and Spark
- AWS and Terraform
- Git, Jenkins, …
What you will be responsible for
- Deep dive into our growing set of external and internal data flows, and generate insightful analyses that enable us to innovate throughout zooplus
- Research, design, validate and deploy machine learning models of different structured and unstructured data, using advanced techniques in AI
- Communicate results and conclusions to business stakeholders also through effective data visualizations
- Working in an international agile team building models, applications and solutions that will help us to be smarter.
- Work closely together with the Data & Analytics team and business teams in Madrid and Munich.
What we are looking for
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include
- Excellent team player with “can do” attitude
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field, specialization in ML/AI.
- Good understanding of statistical and AI/ML methods, providing also expertise in the design, development, implementation, and testing of AI/ML solutions
- Work experience using Python and Spark to create big data applications and analysis
- Knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Willing to help and learn
- Fluent English
Desired but not required:
- Experience working in cloud environments. Desirable AWS (Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, RDS, Athena, EC2, EMR, S3, EMR, Sagemaker, ...)
- Terraform knowledge
- Experience with Atlassian platform (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.)
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 vacation days (plus December 24th and 31st)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Discount in zooplus shop
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form