AI/ML Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Title: AI/ML Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for highly skilled individual in ML and Deep-Learning algorithms, frameworks and application development. This is a great opportunity to join Samsung Emoji team to build next generation AI based Avatars. The team is focused on building Samsung AR-Emoji platform with AI features. This is an exciting area for Samsung, especially the Mobile Graphics team that enables numerous applications in AI Avatar space. Come join the Mobile Communication Lab and help us build next generation avatars.
- Design, implement and evolve data models for AI-based avatars with focus on face and body expressions for avatar while classifying audio segments
- Extend AI-based avatars that interacts with virtual and real objects
- Perform extensive research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions that enhances the quality of Avatar SDK on PC/mobile
- Collaborate with Android team for ML-model integration to mobile space.
- Write large amounts of code and perform code reviews
- Participate in new product concepts and create proof-of-concept prototypes
- Actively participate and contribute in scrum meetings
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience with strong Computer Science fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithm Design, and Complexity Analysis
- Expert knowledge of Machine Learning / Deep Learning algorithms -- classification, clustering, regression, reinforcement learning, Bayesian modeling, algorithm design and theory of computation
- Excellent working knowledge of at least one of the frameworks - Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch
- Proficiency in programming languages including but not limited to Python/C++
- Experience with Machine Learning technologies for application to speech recognition is a plus
- Hands-on experience with data analysis and building real-life data models using pandas, numpy, nltk, matplotlib etc.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.