Sr. Data Scientist, Business Analytics
San Francisco, CA, USA
Slack is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our Business Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for leveraging data to help drive the growth and success of our Go-to-Market organizations. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, can operate independently with minimal guidance, has a growth mindset, collaborates effectively with others, and biases towards action and impact.
The Business Analytics team is focused on helping executives and other key decision makers across the company make better decisions using data. We work closely with other Data Scientists at Slack and our partners in Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing Business Operations to identify growth opportunities, craft narratives that deepen our understanding of the business, forecast future performance, and build predictive models to effect positive business outcomes.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing leads to understand the drivers of our business and accelerate the growth of Slack
- Synthesize insights into crisp narratives and present to senior leadership
- Develop frameworks for identifying patterns/trends in customer behavior and implement them in predictive scoring models
- Empower others to be self-sufficient in data by building self-service tools and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics
- Work with our Data Engineering and Business Systems teams to build core data models that power operational and exploratory data analyses
What you should have
- 4+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis
- A degree in Economics, Physics, Statistics, Math, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Proficient in SQL and at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience with statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.