Data Scientist - Forecasting (They/She/He)
ABOUT GLOVO:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything easily available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:The forecasting team, part of the logistics cluster at Glovo, is looking for a Data Scientist with solid technical skills and a passion for tackling hard problems that have real world impact. The cross-functional team (composed of engineers, data scientists, and data analysts) is on a mission to ensure the optimal balance between supply and demand in advance and in live, contributing to a top-class user experience while maximizing the efficiency of the fleet. Joining our team is a unique opportunity to be part of a hyper-growing company and making a huge impact by developing and innovating the scheduling and optimization of our entire workforce using forecasting techniques, machine learning models, and continuous experimentation (RL).
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models.
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. switchback testing).
- Generate and execute on ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations amongst others
- Be responsible of parts of our data pipelines
- Innovate in a collaborative environment and continuously learn new skills
- Holds at least a MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Knowledge of machine learning or forecasting techniques
- Some experience in productionizing models would be a plus
- Full proficiency on Python and SQL; can write, inspect and review code.
- Some experience with software development tools & processes such as git unit testing, Docker, etc.
- Experience in start-up and/or R&D environments is a plus
- Experience in pricing is a plus
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.