Lead Data Analyst
Discord is looking for experienced and passionate data analysts to join our small-but-growing Analytics team! As a member of the Data Science & Analytics team, you will help Discord achieve its mission of providing people with a sense of belonging in online communities, by collaborating directly with the teams who design, build, and support Discord. if you're passionate about data, impact, and working on an amazing team, read on!
What you'll be doing
- Partner with teams throughout Discord through the full lifecycle of data analytics from ideation and exploratory analysis, to building dashboards and reports, and A/B testing
- Define KPIs and diagnostic metrics that help improve the user experience, encapsulating these measures in clean crisp dashboards that provide the company with the timely and actionable information
- Use our amazing infrastructure to quickly and easily build custom data sets to monitor novel product features and processes
- Proactively. socialize insights, dashboards, and reports with technical and non-technical audiences, soliciting feedback on where to improve
- Be a champion of A/B testing and help groups throughout the company design, analyze, and interpret A/B tests correctly
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof instrumentation
What you should have (not hard qualifications - if you're not sure, please apply!):
- 7+ years of experience autonomously translating ambiguous business problems into deep informative insights through hands-on analysis
- 7+ years of experience building performant dashboards using Tableau, Looker, or similar software - with proficiency in designing clean crisp visualizations
- 6+ years experience writing robust performant SQL
- 4+ years of experience in the design, analysis, and interpretation of sound A/B tests in a fast-paced environment at scale
- Experience with technical leadership, being the point person for one or more stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver complicated findings and explain technical approaches to a variety of audiences
- Ability to own complex projects from end-to-end, identifying the need for and coordinating cross-functional partnerships
- Aptitude to proactively identify gaps in data infrastructure, evaluate potential solutions, and coordinate cross-functionally to address issues
- A desire to work with amazing, passionate people who care deeply about solving challenging problems ot improve Discord
- Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity!
- Passion for Discord or online communities
- Experience with analytics for social media or international subscription-based online services, including familiarity with concepts such as social graphs, LTV analysis, funnel analysis, etc.
- Experience with performant code in BigQuery SQL
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.