FY22 CX Data Analyst Intern
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
- As a Data Analyst Intern in our Customer Experience (CX) team, you will work closely with our Business Intelligence team and will partner with business stakeholders to understand key metrics and document business requirements for developing appropriate business analyses and reports and dashboards
- Projects and tasks may include:
- Helping to develop a data dictionary
- Set up a method to track data issues - refresh fails in Tableau, data missing in warehouse (ETL issues), etc.
- SQL scripting - identify common data sets, create views, pipelines on backend
- Create report/dashboard catalog, providing descriptions, user base, etc.
- Existing report clean up and optimization
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Interest and knowledge in data analytics, which may include data management, databases, and statistics
- Bachelor's degree (statistics, computer science, or math preferred) or in process of obtaining Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills to engage with stakeholders and learn about different parts of the business
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of accountability and professionalism; willing to go the extra mile to see issues to resolution; self-directed and resourceful
- Nice to have:
- SQL coding/querying skills; experience with Python or other scripting language a plus
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools or packages (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.