Data Analyst II
StraighterLine is an innovative online education platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today - the skyrocketing cost of college. Position IntroductionOur data analyst II will partner with the chief learning officer and chief financial officer to review, analyze, and evaluate internal and external stakeholder needs to create data systems solutions that support overall business strategies. They will also document data system requirements, define the scope and objectives of projects, and create system specifications that drive business objectives.The data analyst II will initially be an individual contributor and will grow into a team as the business grows and evolves.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engage stakeholders to understand business problems and customize analytic and predictive model solutions to business needs
- Solve problems using advanced statistical techniques including, but not limited to regression/logic regression, bootstrap, factor analysis, decision tree, clustering & binning, and basket analysis.
- Conduct exploratory data profiling techniques, common summary descriptive statistics, etc.
- Develop and maintain expertise in a wide range of new technologies, methodologies, and techniques facilitating advanced research, decision sciences, and systems engineering.
- Support the design and management of market and product experiments and pilots to test hypotheses or generate test and control observation data.
- Partner with Technology, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams to deliver solutions for clients and into the operation.
- Build and lead a team of analysts, while initially serving as an individual contributor.
- Lead projects with moderate complexity.
- Engages internal customers to understand problems and customize analytic and predictive model solutions to business needs.
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's in Mathematics, Science, Statistics or related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience (e.g. driving significant and sustained change and performance improvement from data-driven insights)
- Demonstrates statistical competency and requires limited supervision
- Familiar with SQL, Python, or R, or any other major data analysis programming language
- Experience working in the fundamentals of big data architecture (streaming events, data lakes, analytics engines) and relational database models
- Display strong domain knowledge, business acumen, and critical reasoning skills
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical/data processing software packages and programming languages (e.g. SAS, R, SQL, SPSS, etc.)
- Mines data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions
- Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance through experimental design, and builds predictive models for business application, product development, etc.
- Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for all stakeholders and multiple audiences, and provide a clear view into interpreting data
- Ability to work in and among cross-functional teams
Job tags: Big Data Engineering Finance Marketing Python R Research SQL
Job region(s): Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 56 8 1