Staff Software Engineer, Big Data Matching
San Francisco, CA, United States
Staff Software Engineer, Big Data Matching
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Matching team owns the largest big data service at LiveRamp that processes petabytes of data per day. To operate and build applications at this scale pushes the limits of distributed computing and allows the team to work on a unique set of problems. The system has to be fault-tolerant, process data in near real-time and still be cost effective.
We are looking for engineers who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Work collaboratively in a small specialized team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Design and drive the future of our big data technology platform.
- Infuse industry best practices into our team processes and development practices.
- Own the architectural design and implementation of our systems and interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Improve on our research and experiment platform to optimize the performance and efficiency of our applications.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our team’s production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Matching team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, and conference participation.
- Learn and grow in your role and career.
Your team will:
- Support and mentor you as you grow into your role as big data leader at the company.
- Spearhead and lead the next generation of big data platforms at Liveramp.
- Improve and scale the matching big data application as load increases.
- Build tools and frameworks for big data platforms to be used internally and externally to Liveramp and contribute to existing open source platforms.
- Support and guide other teams at Liveramp as they build out their big data platforms.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying high-quality production code.
- Solid Java or Scala programming skills.
- A track record of ownership building systems that process big data.
- Led big data projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Experience selecting and using industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries to solve specific problems.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Expertise with Apache Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Academic or professional research experience
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#LI-Remote (Recruiters - remove this tag if the role is NOT a remote position)