Innovation Data Scientist (f/m/d)
The Operational Research & Innovation department (within COO organization) aims to support Zooplus in transforming its operational model using sound quantitative approaches and data science methodology. We define objectives and goals for various business processes/functions, and evaluate alternatives that help achieve them. While doing so, we need to be aware of the barriers that might hinder us and find ways to break them through innovation. With a relentless focus towards the company’s goals, we want to envision and reshape the future of our business and be the trendsetter in e-commerce and online retail. We are looking for smart people who can support us in our mission.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Engage with the management, departmental heads and the entire organization to identify, define, refine and solve data science problems.
- Develop infrastructure for cleaning and processing data and running experiments to evaluate system performance.
- Collaborate with our Data & Analytics center to create datamarts & materialized views for the analytical layer of our data lake for easy downstream analysis.
- Extract and study causal relationships from various data sources such as parcel tracking, order details, product descriptions, article/SKU data, customer care systems, etc.
- Develop prototypes for data products in a ready-to-fail, learn steep and improve fast environment.
- Collaborate with business and IT departments for successful implementation of findings/prototypes into the mainstream.
- University degree with a strong quantitative focus, e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Business administration, Operations Research, Data Science, etc.
- Strong programming skills in scripting languages e.g. Python, R, etc., and ideally other higher level programming languages e.g. Java, C++, etc.
- Highly developed skills in SQL and Excel for quick initial analyses and ETL workloads.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms and a good understanding of modern frameworks for implementation. E.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, MXNet, etc.
- Ability to handle and process large amounts of data and derive useful conclusions e.g. using statistical and/or visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.).
- Open mindedness and empathy to value new ideas and understand pain of stakeholders.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills, particularly in business environments.
- Great communication skills in English and an ability to present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audience alike.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a can-do-anything attitude.
- Skilled at working collaboratively in a team and ability to manage complex work flows.
- 2+ years of prior work experience in an analytics, data science, operations research role.
What makes zooplus a great place to work:
- Motivated and friendly teams with over 50 nationalities
- Dedicated Buddy to support your onboarding
- A partnership with a selected gym
- A central location in Munich
- Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st)
- Modern workspaces, state-of-the-art equipment, and mobile phones
- Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- Employee discount for all company shops
- Company pension scheme
- Company events
In case you didn´t know
Zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today we are Europe´s leading online retailer for pet-related products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. We remain faithful to the key values of our company – a dynamic and flexible approach, constant learning opportunities, and inventive thinking at every level and position in the organization.
You want to know more? Let´s have a talk! Apply now.