Sr. Manager, Data Science & Analytics - IT & Security
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Science and Analytics Leader to head our growing Corporate IT and Security Analytics & Insights team. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to enable data-driven and actionable insights that uphold our mission and push Snowflake forward.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Serve as key thought leader internally applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, machine learning, experimentation, data pipelines/transformation, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers to deliver analytics and insights on IT and Corporate Security & Compliance
- Lead the teams that design, develop and continuously optimize reporting and dashboard solutions that meet business requirements and create opportunities for automation, improvements and scalability
- Partner with business stakeholders and engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence and support business decisions. Build effective relationships and collaborate with teammates, business leaders and partners to solve organizational problems
- Be the bridge to translate technical outputs into clear narratives with recommendations to help achieve business objectives
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful business insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, develop strategic roadmaps, organize sources, and support initiatives and platform launches across multiple projects
- Manage, mentor, and grow interns and ICs at all levels to orchestrate expert level data visualizations and presentations that convey insights that are meaningful to business partners.
- Be disruptive in your space by finding creative ways to provide innovative solutions
- 8+ years total in the Data Science & Analytics space
- 4+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- Experience in initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience in communicating the results of analyses
- Strong data visualization & storytelling skills
- Solid experience with regression analysis and other statistical modeling techniques
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, SciPy, NumPy etc.
- Skills in at least one programming language
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?