Product Data Analyst
Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland
Product Data Analyst
The role of Product Data Analyst is to provide data insight and help set the strategic direction within the CFC Outbound department and Fulfilment stream. This role will get hands on with defining, monitoring and reporting stream level metrics to help the stream become more data driven in its approach to Product development.
We desire to work with driven individuals that are able to constantly learn and adapt to new challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Fulfilment stream creates Warehouse Management Systems that enable our clients to pick, pack and ship customer orders with unparalleled levels of accuracy and operational efficiency.
What you will do:
You will be part of the Product Analysts team reporting to the Lead Product Analyst for the Fulfilment stream, and work with the CFC Outbound Product leadership team to define, monitor and report on the key client metrics for our platform. You will also conduct analysis and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to help the Product team see beyond the numbers.
- Value - Identify the fundamental metrics / KPIs behind our systems, the levers that drive them and use these to help product managers unlock and track the value delivered by our products
- Architecture - Understand where data resides, who owns it and how it is used and identify opportunities for improvement
- Tooling - Identify and build reusable solutions to enable analysis to build on previous work
- Problem solving - Use your skills and experience to find platform problems and opportunities, help to size them and understand the route cause and drivers to guide the product roadmap
- Data democratisation - Empower teams with the right tools, reports and guidance to leverage insight to make better informed decisions
- Craft - Share best practice analytics techniques across Ocado Technology
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Strong bias for action and impatience for improvement
- Commercially-aware and user-focused - ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value through analytics
- Significant demonstrable experience in a Data / Business Analyst role
- First class / 2:1 degree in a highly numerate subject
(e.g. Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar) or relevant experience
- Analytics 101
- Designing KPIs and Metrics that Matter
- Applying data analysis techniques and mathematical methods to complex problems
- Hands-on experience using SQL & Excel
- Building self-service BI solutions e.g. Tableau, Looker, DataStudio
- Statistical analysis
- Active listener
- Ability to simplify the complex and tailor output for any audience
- Able to bring different skills and personalities together to deliver great outcomes
- Experience with large/complex datasets
- Experience of A/B testing implementation
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience with data orientated programming languages like Python or R
- Domain knowledge: Ecommerce, Supply Chain, Fulfilment or Logistics