Lead Data Engineer - Remote
Remote - Paris, Île-de-France, France
Stuart (Geopost Group) is an eco-friendly 🌱 last-mile delivery company 📦 that connects retailers and e-retailers to a fleet of geo-localised couriers 🚴🏽♂️. 🚙. across several countries in Europe.
Build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
Stuart is growing to fulfil that vision. In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
We are a melting-pot of 450 people working from Paris 🇫🇷, London 🇬🇧, Barcelona, Madrid 🇪🇸 and remote 🌏.
More than 2 000 companies work with us already across Food, Grocery, Retail and Pharmacy to deliver all types of goods, among which essentials for people on lockdown / self-isolating because of the coronavirus. We are at the right moment and the right place to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer 🤖 to take part in the scaling of our data platform and support the team’s and company’s growth.
Our Data Engineering team is currently distributed across 2 locations: Barcelona (Carrer de Pau Claris) and Paris (Avenue des Ternes). Stuart is a remote-friendly company, with a team of more than 100 engineers across Europe.
For this role, we are open to candidates who want to live and work in either France, Spain, or the UK.
Our stack currently relies mostly on the Python language and includes technologies like Apache Airflow, Docker, Apache Kafka, Jenkins, etc. and we extensively use AWS products like S3, Redshift, and Athena.
What will you do?
- Use pair programming, code reviews and workshops to support and share knowledge with your team members about Python, code architecture, tooling, integration and deployment.
- Design, implement and maintain a solid Data Platform that collects, stores, and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence and Data Science teams to craft an efficient roadmap for the data platform evolutions.
Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓
- Fluency in English
- 5+ years experience working with Python
- Experience with packaging and deploying Python applications
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing bakends or data platforms
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming platforms / message queues
- Experience with SQL databases
Nice to have
- Experience in designing data lakes in Amazon S3
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Flink or similar technologies
- Experience with data quality processes
- Great compensation package - Starting at 70k€ (We have flexibility so don't hesitate to apply!)
- Good work-life balance: partial or full work from home, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Learning budget - 1k€/year
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym/wellbeing allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private health care
- Stuart Academy 👩🎓 to develop your skills
- And much more - our HR team is constantly implementing new initiatives!
Want to learn more about us? https://stuart.com/about-us/
After reading all this, just a few last but important words: we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day 💙!
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.