Executive Assistant, Artificial Intelligence
San Francisco, CA
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We are hiring a San Francisco-based Executive Assistant to support 2-3 Directors on our Artificial Intelligence team. Our ideal candidate will thrive in our innovative, fast-paced, and growing organization, expanding their skill set and abilities in pace with the company. You could be a great fit if you are someone who will succeed in the technical side of our business and help to cultivate connectivity across the department, driving efficiency and bringing productivity to the next level.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Act as gatekeeper, time-advocate, and liaison for Executive
- Manage a lively and constantly evolving calendar and schedule
- Handle multiple requests for Executive’s time, utilizing strong judgment in handling priority of requests, raising as necessary for resolution
- Create efficiency and balance for your Executive
- Manage and assist with meetings, team calendars, and team Slack channels
- Gain familiarity with internal tools and systems used by team
- Arrange travel, schedule transit, and make reservations for Executive
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly retreats and team-building offsites
- Format documents and presentations
- Manage and supervise team budgets
- Expenses reimbursements for Executive
- Help drive recruitment and hiring as-needed (project management of candidate screening, schedules, process support)
- Point person to assist with team requests and problem-solve, helping to keep the team on track and organized
- Be a culture-contributor: supervise, highlight, and celebrate important team cultural/career moments such as birthdays and work anniversaries
- Potentially develop new processes for a growing team
- Adapt to a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of related work experience and general knowledge within functional area
- Very strong communication and social skills
- Strong self-starter that can take a task and run with it with limited supervision from executive
- Acute attention to detail
- Proactive and helping to anticipate problems and/or needs of your executive
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Creative problem solver able to think in an unexpected way
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of sophisticated meetings
- Solid understanding of G Suite
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when vital
- Comfortable adapting to a fast pace working environment
- Experience working with Engineering teams
- Project management experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.