Staff Applied Scientist-Machine Learning
Seattle, Washington, United States
We are looking for talented and innovative applied scientists to bring our Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence R&D and strategy to the next level. Our goal is to personalize the Qualtrics experience using ML and AI features showcasing Qualtrics data as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
As a Machine Learning Applied Scientist at Qualtrics, you should love building cutting-edge predictive models to solve hard customer problems. Crafting models in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end-to-end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to research, implement, evaluate, optimize, productize and maintain cutting-edge machine learning models to meet the demands of our rapidly growing business
- Stay on top of the latest developments in machine learning and related research, and present research findings with the broader community
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, engineers, and product managers
- Lead and engage in design reviews, modelling discussions, requirement definitions and other technical activities in diverse capacity
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals and tool ecosystem
- 7+ years of combined academic and industrial research experience in machine learning, NLP, information retrieval, deep learning or a related field.
- Deep learning implementation expertise (MxNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc)
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent command of at least one modern programming language (preferably Python)
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Graduate degree in computer science or related fields
- Deep understanding of machine learning model life cycle management
- Depth in one or more of the following: Natural Language processing, information retrieval, speech processing, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.
- Knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning
- Experience with managing, processing and analysing large, complex, multi-modal and unstructured datasets
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Experience in mentoring engineers and scientists on complex technical issues
- Experience in machine learning systems (e.g. SageMaker, MLFlow), and deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet etc)
- Strong publication record in top-tier ML and NLP conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, SIGIR, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, etc.)
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories