San Francisco, CA or Remote USA
This role can be based out of our San Francisco office or remotely anywhere in the United States.
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Our streamlined, efficient algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly. We are poised to transform this industry, repurposing the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
Our existing reporting stack is built on Fivetran, Airflow, Snowflake, and Looker. Read more on our stack and approach here. We’re looking for a driven, experienced, and well-rounded data/analytics engineer to join our high-performing team to make new sources of data available across the company to enable additional insights across the business and to help build out our data warehouse schema.
You’re fired up to:
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines (primarily in Airflow) for ELT/ETL workloads with data from a wide variety of data sources to our data warehouse.
- Help build a next-generation enterprise data warehouse with raw production data as source of truth and always-on, versioned data pipelines.
- Document data sources and data pipelines to share knowledge and understanding of the solutions being implemented to downstream users of the data.
- Serve as a technical business partner to enable analysts and managers across the company to advance operations and product analytics.
- Evaluate, test, and onboard new technologies to augment our data stack where appropriate.
You definitely have:
- Ability to write complex SQL queries--e.g. window functions and pivoting--in your sleep.
- Ability to write scripts and small programs in Python.
- Hands-on experience with one or more elements of our stack, particularly Airflow and Looker (LookML).
- Knowledge of database modeling and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with software engineering practices like version control, testing, code reviews, etc.
You might even have:
- Experience doing hands-on query optimization: looking at query plans and diagnosing what needs to be implemented to make for more performance and efficient queries.
- Knowledge of devops practices and experience with related tooling (containers, infrastructure-as-code, etc).
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sabbatical program
- Paid parental leave
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan, with a match!
- Wellness and commuter benefits