Senior Financial Data Analyst
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation FinTech company headquartered in Houston with additional offices in San Diego and Chicago. We provide financial products that are easy to use and accessible that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management service that is customized to the consumer’s individual situation.
The Senior Financial Data Analyst will be responsible for performing analysis as a high-level individual contributor, using judgment to solve critical business problems. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and will quickly build a deep understanding of the business. The analyst will need the ability to understand the impacts of their recommendations (first order and second order consequences). In this role there is a specific focus on SQL skills and dataset manipulation, effective use of Excel / pivot tables, and successfully presenting analyses to stakeholders and internal customers.
What You'll Do
- Drive the monthly reporting for debt holders for sister company Above Lending and work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accuracy & timeliness.
- Identify the key drivers of a business problem and create compelling strategic or tactical recommendations to executives surrounding the sales, marketing, and settlements areas of the business
- Conduct insightful analyses on major trends, challenges and opportunities and create clear and effective visualizations
- Develop a thorough understanding of every aspect of running the business
- Manage a team and set prioritization for multiple competing requests
- Resolve issues and push through obstacles by being resourceful and self-directed
- Become a thought leader in the company on all topics touching data, analysis and strategy
- Bring structure to ambiguous business problems and recommend solutions that can be easily interpreted by non-analytical partners
- Follow, maintain and improve all documentation for projects, analyses and reports
- Provide subject matter expertise for multiple projects concurrently through all phases of the development lifecycle
- Exercise flexibility in handling multiple tasks in this fast-paced FinTech/Start-up environment
- Instill and maintain a strong corporate culture, focusing on positive intent, authenticity and clarity
What We Look For
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Economics, Engineering or other fields that focus on critical problem solving through quantitative methods
- 2 – 5 years of work experience in an analytical organization; 4+ years of experience working with joining data together, interrogating and vetting the data
- Proficient understanding and experience working with various Data and Analysis technologies.
- Sound understanding of best practices and methodologies; experience with relational structures, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse, and reporting techniques.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Self-motivated and managed, exceptional follow-through
- Solid problem-solving skills and a strong analytical thought process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and superior customer service record
- Proven track record in taking ownership to deliver results within a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about improving customer experience
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. We offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Unlimited personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training