Senior Data Analyst - Operations
Brooklyn, NY (Rent the Runway HQ)
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
The Manager, Operations Finance is the finance liaison to the Operations team at Rent the Runway. Supply Chain at RTR covers fulfillment center operations including our sites in Secaucus, NJ, and Arlington, TX; our fully remote customer service team of more than 150 agents, all parcel/non-parcel transportation including forward and reverse logistics, and garment inventory performance. The Manager, Operations Finance reports through the finance organization and is an integral part of Financial Planning & Analysis for the Operations business area, working closely with other finance and Financial Planning & Analysis functions to develop and complete annual budgets, forecasts, and monthly performance.
About the Job:
The focus of this role is cost forecasting and performance reporting as it relates to transportation and logistics as well as customer service. You’ll be the day-to-day point of contact and partner with the Head of Managed Transportation and Head of Customer Service along with related team members, in order to understand trends, forecast future spend and measure performance with a strong attention to detail. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, you will play a key role in partnering with the business and informing transportation and customer service team members of actual and projected performance in transportation and customer service. You will provide insight to key variances, analyze business trends, changes, and new initiatives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. As the operations expand, you’ll continue to iterate the modeling and financial forecasting to provide leading insights into operating and financial performance as well as continued opportunities for improvement.
What You’ll Do:
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data to senior Operations, Customer Service and Finance leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Track and report on performance relative to budget and forecast through detailed variance analysis
- Manage ongoing rolling weekly and monthly forecast updates for the Operation, including cost analysis for transportation, shipping planning, labor planning for customer service, and other Operations-related expenses
- Establish, track and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the Operation to greater efficiency
- Collaborate with operating and data science teams and provide fact-based recommendations that support targets and improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness
- Be responsible for identifying and leading key initiatives that drive efficiencies, savings, and process reliability within the finance and accounting functions
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related technical field. Advanced degrees and specialization even better.
- 3+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- High proficiency in databases (e.g: MySQL) and query languages (e.g: SQL)
- Experience with Tableau (reporting suite) and scripting languages (e.g: Python) preferred
- Experience with using packages like R to perform deeper analyses also a plus
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross functional partners
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.