Los Angeles, CA
Title: Data Science Analyst
The Data Science and Analytics team at Tillster is looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst with excellent facility in problem solving, data wrangling and analytical storytelling. You will be exploring data from multiple tools & sources to find actionable insights and prioritize, recommend & execute strategies to improve and optimize consumer experience and profitability for global restaurant brands. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering insights and having an “aha” moment while conducting analysis.
- Working with stakeholders across business functions including marketing, product, engineering, sales/account management, finance, and operations to build analytics products that enable data-driven decision making.
- Guiding analytics projects from discovery to solution and help Tillster raise the bar for how we should apply our data to business decisions.
- Exploring data to find actionable insights through funnel analysis, user segmentation & cohort analysis, and others.
- Creating and presenting analyses, actionable insights & recommendations to key stakeholders including senior executives & clients in forums and periodic business review meetings.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Analyst or similar role, writing SQL queries and building data visualizations in a fast-paced environment. Experience in ecommerce analytics is preferred.
- Intermediate SQL syntactic knowledge –the ability to retrieve data by writing table joins, window functions, aggregates, subqueries, case statements, and more.
- Intermediate/Advanced level user of a BI Visualization tool (ie: Looker, Tableau, Domo, Power BI, Sisense, etc.) – Looker or Tableau preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with eCommerce data collection tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel etc.
- Excellent presentation skills – comfortable walking internal and client stakeholders, with varying degrees of analytical knowledge, through data analysis and reporting
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements, questions, investigations into a set of queries.
- Intermediate skills using Excel or Google Sheets to organize and share data – pivot tables, vlookups, sorting, filter, etc.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative or related field.
Nice to Haves
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Data Studio
- Scripting and modeling using Python with Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Sklearn, R
- Experience managing and executing AB & multivariate tests in optimizing customer experience and behavior using tools such as Optimize, Optimizely, Test & Target etc.
- Digital marketing experience in SEO, SEM, social media, email, push notifications and common channels/tools to reach customers.
- Understanding of Data Mining & Machine Learning principles
- Experience with ML models such as product recommendations, churn prediction, classification/clustering, and propensity scoring
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions. You will be part of a technology playground offering a fun, collaborative environment where ownership, problem solving, and teamwork are rewarded.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No visa sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please