Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Chicago IL, Scottsdale AZ
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Product Intelligence team
Imagine what you could do here. Venmo is the fastest growing peer-to-peer financial brand and keeps innovating in the tech industry. We as Venmo Product Intelligence (Applied Science) team are looking for talented Staff Software Engineer – Machine Learning to join us and build creative next generation of data products and high-velocity AI services. We derive valuable insights from our extensive, rich and rapidly growing datasets in order to improve customer daily experience. This role is critical to the engineering team and will be deeply embedded within multi-disciplinary teams across the company.
You will join the team that interacts with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to embrace Machine Learning into an algorithm-driven services. You will have the opportunity to take full stack ownership of design and implementation of highly reliable, scalable and high-performance products. You will drive appropriate technologies for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation and shape the future of e-commerce.
What You’ll Do
- 5+ years of industry experiences in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Expert in building large-scale Machine Learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, search, NLP, etc.
- Experience with Big Data and distributed technologies such as Spark, EMR, Kafka.
- Practical experiences in objective-oriented design, data structure, algorithm design, run-time analysis and code quality verification.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming such as Python (preferred), Scala, Java, Go.
- Preferred to have operational experience of AWS.
- Preferred to have track record in the knowledge of Machine Learning, data mining, informational retrieval, statistics or natural language processing.
- Passion and intellectual curiosity for the FinTech domain.
- Comfortable in working in ambiguous, fast-paced and high-growth dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and ability to take ownership of meeting with cross-functional team leads on a regular basis.