Data Analyst II
Course Hero is scaling! Help us build a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared, through innovative applications of Analytics and Data Science.
Are you our Data Analyst II? You will build statistical models, drive actionable insights, and tackle high-impact business problems. You will tell the story behind your insights – painting a picture to our cross-functional partners, explaining what the numbers are telling us, and recommending new and enhanced product features and A/B tests for implementation.
This is a full-time role located in Vancouver, Canada.
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to maximize our conversion rate across our digital channels
- Set up and evaluate A/B tests results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace
- Deliver reports and strategic insights through analysis and manual data extractions from various ad platforms, data tools, and internal tracking to drive OKRs
- Estimate the value of different marketing strategies
- Effectively communicate findings to internal and external team members
- Manage research, development, and delivery of analytical models to be used for strategizing and testing new product enhancements and features
- 2+ years of experience conducting quantitative product/business analysis
- Highly proficient with SQL and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and at least one scripting/statistical language (R, Python preferred)
- Create analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these KPIs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You are able to establish causal relationships and meaningful insights using statistical methodologies and data
- Hands-on experience with experimentation, including design, implementation, and methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis) for analyzing and interpreting results to stakeholders
- Experience in querying and manipulating raw datasets for analysis
- Comfortable functioning in spaces with high ambiguity and adapt easily to changing environments
- You understand end-to-end user journeys for web platforms and the challenges of managing user funnels that have multiple attribution touchpoints
- Previous experience in the field of education or e-commerce
- BA/BS in a field that emphasizes data analysis and visualization (e.g., computer science, social sciences, physical sciences, math, engineering, or statistics), or equivalent work experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings
- Team lunches
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.