Data Analyst - Strategy and Trends (They/She/He)
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your Work-life Opportunity
We are looking for someone to deep dive and structure market and non-market trends related to the digital ecosystem. The successful candidate will join our Public Affairs team to start building a research unit, syncing with the internal BI team for the data gathering, and with other teams such as Strategy to align priorities. Having the right data and information, being able to read the reality and the upcoming trends, and setting our position in the public conversation based on trusted information has become more relevant than ever. If you want an opportunity to work in a high-paced startup environment, a self-starter and a team player seeking a multicultural environment, Glovo is your place!
Activities (Day by day, KPIs, stakeholders, management of team):
- Understand and frame a wide range of high-impact problems & opportunities (including but not limited to Glovo's business, operations, & organisation across all markets), identifying key questions to answer, breaking down in logical components, executing high quality quantitative and qualitative analysis, and delivering robust and practical insights/recommendations.
- Non-financial reporting (sustainability, social, people):
- extraction and analysis of data from existing internal tools (looker, HR tool)
- implementation of new reporting requirements and tools (EINF, carbon footprint etc.)
- target & goal setting (ex: CO2 reduction, packaging generation etc.)
- Participation in the selection and calculation of data to be used for communication to users (ex: carbon captured per order, plastic cutlery opt-out impact etc.)
- Design of new services for partners and couriers using the data warehouse (ex: plastic footprint compensation service for restaurants)
- Collection & analysis of data points on the ground to assess our environmental and social footprint (ex: energy audit darkstores, quantitative surveys of the fleet etc.)
- Performance analysis of in-app features and content created by the Sustainability & Social Impact team (ex: Food Rescue, donations, cutlery opt-out etc.)
- Support to the PA team for product request impact assessments
- Policy reports and public data gathering about strategic topics affecting Glovo
- Market trends research for corporate positioning
- At least 3 years of work experience providing internal teams with the necessary data to make the right decisions
- Proficient with SQL
- Amazon Redshift experience is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Python and or R
- Knowledge of visualisation tools like Tableau, Looker, Qlikview
- Understanding of social and business trends, or at least curiosity to know about them and understand how Glovo should be part of the conversation
- Previous experience in programming is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in English is a must
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Spanish lessons
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What You’ll Find When Working At Glovo
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/