Computer Vision Switzerland- Graduate Program
University Grad Program in Computer Vision
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for students to join our team for a fixed term internship program (4 to 6 months) for diverse students in Engineering. We are committed to empowering and elevating diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers!
You will work fully integrated in Magic Leap’s perception team and help shape the perception systems of our next generation devices.
Depending on your interest and skills you will work on one or several projects in the area of:
- SLAM / Collaborative SLAM / Visual-Inertial Pose Tracking / Localization
Design and implement advanced algorithms for estimating the 6 DOF pose of one or several head-mounted devices by optimally fusing visual and inertial measurements collected from multiple cameras and IMUs, building consistent large scale maps of the environment, and performing localization into previously created maps.
- Deep Learning (scene understanding / hand tracking)
Use collected image data in the smartest possible way in order to allow the device to understand the user and the environment better than with traditional algorithms.
- Eye Tracking
Design and implement algorithms understand the user’s eye motion with the highest accuracy possible.
- High Performance Embedded Computing
Combine your experience of embedded optimizations and image processing / Computer Vision in order to develop high-performance production software with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities on our embedded platforms and achieve the highest possible compute efficiency.
- Ground truth acquisition systems / Calibration
Design and implement algorithms for calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors and imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design and deployment of ground truth acquisition systems.
- BSc, MSc (or last year of MSc studies) in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python
- Computer Vision and 3D geometry knowledge
- Knowledge in software optimization, embedded programming, and parallel computing (e.g. SIMD, OpenCL, GPGPU, etc.) is a plus
- Deep Learning experience is a plus