Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Blue Prism is the global leader in intelligent automation for the enterprise, transforming the way work is done. At Blue Prism, we have users in over 150 countries in more than 1,800 businesses, including Fortune 500 and public sector organizations, that are creating value with new ways of working, unlocking efficiencies, and returning millions of hours of work back into their businesses. Our Digital Workforce is smart, secure, scalable and accessible to all; freeing up humans to re-imagine work.
To understand more about Blue Prism’s intelligent automation click here. You can also visit http://www.blueprism.com/ and follow us on Twitter @blue_prism, LinkedIn and Instagram @blueprismofficial. Or have a look at our YouTube page for further insights about Blue Prism.
Reporting to a Development Manager, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of highly skilled engineers.
You will be comfortable working in a phenomenally fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment while developing yourself but also the team around you. Working within our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in our business and in our customers’ journey.
You should have a good understanding of how modern enterprise scale software is architected. This includes practices such as message queues, micro-services, virtualization and APIs. You will have proven experience using design patterns in everyday development. You will consider SOLID principles in component design.
- Proven product delivery of ML software implemented with Python.
- A good working knowledge of a deep learning framework, preferably PyTorch or TensorFlow or both.
- Modern software development techniques – version control, unit testing, refactoring, OOP.
- Can balance passion for technology, leadership and business awareness.
- Confident communicating directly with stakeholders in addition to good documentation and communication skills.
- A demonstrable knowledge of mathematics and algorithms underpinning modern ML methods, for example stochastic gradient descent and basic linear algebra.
- The ability to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment within a world-wide team of Engineers.
- Coaching and mentoring team members in best practice coding methodologies, patterns & practices, testing practices, and tools that complement the software development process.
- The drive to earning the latest ML and Python technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible.
- Experience developing in at least one of C#, Java, C, C++ or Python in a test-driven environment also using unit tests.
- Experience of applying MLOps and DevOps in an Engineering environment.
- Designing and implementing distributed data intensive applications.
- Experience of Scaling and optimizing systems and of “Hardening” research-code into production-ready code.
- Background in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework.
- Experience with Rest and interfacing with distributed architectures.
- Experience of using testing frameworks.
- Prepared to travel domestically or globally on occasion.
- Lead the Python development team within Blue Prism Engineering, recruiting your own team and developing your own best processes and practices.
- Drive the Engineering Python software architecture across Engineering in conjunction with the Engineering Architecture team.
- Work alongside both the Product and the AI Labs teams to transform new and existing projects into products.
- The ability to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Managing a team of software engineers, task planning and performing code reviews.
- Hands-on, improving our delivery systems.
- Championing Python development within Engineering and evolving with the business as it grows.
- Identify and resolving performance and scalability issues.